September 15, 2023
RBmedia is a global leader in spoken audio content and software media platforms that reach millions of consumers through mobile devices, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Audible, Spotify and many others.
We are the largest digital audiobook publisher and have over 65k titles with more than 8k new titles launched annually. In the last year alone, our new content represented 65 New York Times Bestsellers, a Grammy nomination and numerous other awards. We operate at the intersection of Hollywood and tech with audio rights for hot streaming series like Outlander, Bridgerton, The Summer I Turned Pretty and many others. One of our titles even won the Academy Award.
Author’s Republic is an important product line for RBmedia. The system enables creators to produce spoken audio content and distribute/monetize it globally. More on the companies can be found at www.rbmediaglobal.com and www.authorsrepublic.com.
This position is a key member of the Author’s Republic marketing and product team and will coordinate and support a range of initiatives. Working closely with the marketing team, you will help execute marketing campaigns, analyze data, and contribute to the development of creative strategies to enhance our brand’s presence and grow the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing Campaigns – Assist with campaigns across a variety of digital acquisition sources. Digital marketing sources might include Google AdWords, social media channels, email, banner advertising, etc. Recommend new testing and strategies to grow targeted audience and leads. Ensure marketing calendar is kept up to date.
- Content Creation and Management – Project manage all aspects of marketing campaigns, including gathering digital assets, writing, designing, and testing. Manage the approval process and deploy campaigns on schedule for targeted promotions and advertisements. Research and write blog posts to help drive SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Develop and arrange monthly social media content in alignment with brand guidelines.
- Marketing Automation, Email Marketing, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Support – Working closely with Senior Manager of Customer Acquisition and Marketing, assist with design, deployment, maintenance, and analysis of drip/nurture email campaigns using HubSpot. Ensure customer data is tracked and leveraged within the Author’s Republic database and CRM systems.
- Website – Audit public-facing section of the website for accuracy on a regular basis, including FAQs, blog posts, how to, why us, our partners, and more. Recommend tests to drive traffic and qualified author sign ups.
- Market Research – Conduct ongoing research into the competitive landscape. Update and add to competitive grid to ensure Author’s Republic has full picture of industry differentiators and features.
- Marketing Operations – Help coordinate operations associated with executing marketing programs, including author list management, integration between database and CRM, and performance tracking and reporting. Troubleshoot technical issues as needed.
- Product Testing – Become a subject matter expert for user workflows in the product in order to give feedback on requirements and assist the Product/Development team with QA testing/UAT ticket for product releases.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of appropriate experience (marketing or related field).
- Experience in paid media, email, and social media management.
- Strong design and copywriting skills with experience in Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, or Figma preferred.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and/or marketing automation systems (HubSpot). Familiarity with SQL a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills are necessary.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills, with ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, efficient, detail oriented, and organized team player.
- Digital media/publishing industry/SaaS experience is a plus.
Compensation & Location
The compensation for this role is very competitive. This role is based in the Washington, DC area, and has a flexible hybrid working model.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com