October 4, 2022
RBmedia is a global leader in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology. We are growing both organically and through acquisitions. We are seeking an individual to join our growing global Royalty Department and Accounting team.
Department : Accounting
Location: Landover, Maryland or Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Reporting to the Royalty Accounting Manager, the Royalty Analyst will provide support relating to the preparation and issuance of accurate and timely royalty statements to Authors, Agents, Agencies, Musicians, and other pertinent parties.
Position Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Process timely royalty statements (quarterly, semi-annual, annual)
- Understanding of royalty rate structures based upon contractual obligations
- Compliance with all applicable US & Foreign tax withholding, reporting and filing requirements regarding royalty payments
- Review and distribution of royalty statements to the appropriate parties
- Prepare manual adjustments and statements when required
- Responds to inquiries from vendors regarding royalty statements
- Interact with appropriate business units and internal departments to resolve any outstanding issues
- Ensure complete information is available for annual audit
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow
- Support Royalty Accounting Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar area of study
- Must be proficient in Excel and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Knowledge of NetSuite and Alliant is a plus.
- Willingness to learn Alliant Royalties application
- Excellent research, analytical and mathematical skills
- Familiarity with book publishing and ISBNs a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
RBmedia offers a professional, enjoyable, and fast paced work environment.
RBmedia is an EO employer
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org