Recorded Books Adds Hundreds of Marvel Comic Collections and Graphic Novels to RBdigital
August 20, 2018
Library patrons can now access 350 Marvel comic collections and graphic novels via the RBdigital app
Landover, MD, August 20, 2018—Recorded Books, an RBmedia company, today announced the addition of hundreds of Marvel titles to the RBdigital™ app—which provides library patrons access to the broadest array of content services (10+) available in the industry all in one app.
Libraries can now provide patrons 350 Marvel comic collections and graphic novels, including bestselling brands Spider-Man, Avengers, and Deadpool, and blockbuster volumes like Black Panther Vol. 1: A Nation Under Our Feet; X-Men: Days of Future Past; Civil War, and more. Via RBdigital, patrons can check out titles as a volume instead of a single issue, making it easier to access their favorite stories and characters in the Marvel Universe.
“Marvel was the top comics publisher last year, and the addition of Marvel makes our magazines and comics offering the most robust in the library industry,” says John Shea, Chief Product and Marketing Officer of RBmedia. “Via the RBdigital app, patrons can now access the ultimate Marvel comic collections and graphic novels, as well as the largest offering of digital magazines for libraries.”
RBdigital Comics also offers hundreds of other popular titles and features top brands like Ghostbusters, My Little Pony, Transformers, Star Trek, and G.I. Joe.
Marvel joins an ever-increasing number of content services available via RBdigital, including:
- Audiobooks—Over 35,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands of premium audiobooks from other major publishers
- eBooks—Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors
- Magazines and Comics—The largest offering of digital magazines for libraries, as well as hundreds of top comic collections and graphic novels, including Marvel favorites and other major brands
- Entertainment—Unlimited streaming video for as little as pennies per view, including the best in British TV and film, award-winning comedies, documentaries, drama, animation, shorts, classic TV, Spanish telenovelas and movies, full-length concerts and music documentaries, and more
- Education—A comprehensive collection that includes unlimited patron access to The Great Courses Library Collection, online world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more
About Recorded Books
Recorded Books is the largest independent publisher of audiobooks in the world, with a catalog of more than 35,000 exclusive titles narrated by award-winning actors. In addition to offering the highest-quality audiobooks, Recorded Books also delivers eBooks, magazines, comics, entertainment services, educational offerings, and more. The company’s RBdigital app delivers the library industry’s broadest array of digital services to millions of consumers. Recorded Books is an RBmedia company. Learn more at www.recordedbooks.com.
RBmedia is a global leader in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology that reaches millions of consumers—at home, in the car, and wherever their mobile devices take them. RBmedia produces exclusive titles and delivers the finest digital content—including audiobooks, streaming video, educational courses, entertainment titles, and much more. Headquartered in Landover, Maryland, RBmedia comprises an ever-expanding group of the best brands in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology. Find out more at www.rbmediaglobal.com.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media for over 75 years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, and publishing. For more information, visit www.marvel.com. ©2018 MARVEL