Now, patrons can access The Great Courses Library Collection exclusively via the RBdigital app—without breaking library budgets
Landover, MD, June 22, 2018—Recorded Books, an RBmedia company, today announced that The Great Courses Library Collection will soon be available exclusively on the RBdigital™ app. For the first time in the industry, libraries have an affordable way to offer patrons unlimited access to streaming video through an innovative pricing model.
Rather than offering The Great Courses on a pay-per-lesson model, Recorded Books provides patrons unlimited access to The Great Courses during any seven-day period. The Recorded Books unlimited model enables library patrons to binge-watch videos the same way they do on subscription streaming video services like Netflix—saving libraries as much as 75% compared to other library vendors.
With the addition of The Great Courses Library Collection in this exclusive unlimited model, patrons will be able to “binge-learn” over 150 of the most popular courses taught by the world’s top professors. With hundreds of videos on subjects ranging from photography to physics, The Great Courses Library Collection offers engaging lectures for virtually every patron.
“The addition of The Great Courses Library Collection makes our education offering to library patrons one of the most robust in the industry,” says John Shea, Chief Product and Marketing Officer of RBmedia. “Via the RBdigital app, patrons can also access music and art instruction, software training, and world language learning—as well as audiobooks, magazines, and eBooks.”
The Great Courses joins an ever-increasing number of content services available on the RBdigital app. It allows library patrons to access the broadest array of content services available in the industry all in one app including:
- Audiobooks—Over 35,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands of premium audiobooks from other major publishers.
- eBooks—Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors.
- Magazines and Comics—The largest collection of digital magazines for libraries, as well as hundreds of top comics from major brands.
- Entertainment—A wide range of entertainment content, including award-winning comedies, documentaries, drama, animation, shorts, classic TV, British TV and film, Spanish telenovelas and movies, concert films, and more.
- Education—A comprehensive collection that includes online world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more.
- Music—Full-length concerts and music documentaries.
About Recorded Books
Recorded Books is the largest independent publisher of audiobooks in the world, with a catalog of more than 35,000 exclusive titles narrated by award-winning actors. In addition to offering the highest-quality audiobooks, Recorded Books also delivers eBooks, magazines, comics, a range of streaming video services, educational offerings, and more. The company’s RBdigital app delivers the library industry’s broadest array of digital services to millions of consumers. Recorded Books is an RBmedia company. Learn more at www.recordedbooks.com.
RBmedia is a global leader in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology that reaches millions of consumers—at home, in the car, and wherever their mobile devices take them. RBmedia produces exclusive titles and delivers the finest digital content—including audiobooks, streaming video, educational courses, entertainment titles, and much more. Headquartered in Landover, Maryland, RBmedia comprises an ever-expanding group of the best brands in spoken audio content and digital media distribution technology. Find out more at www.rbmediaglobal.com.